6800 Wydown Blvd
Anheuser-Busch Hall - Room 205
Saint Louis, MO, 63105
Buying a Franchise or an Existing Business
Buying a franchise or an existing business may be a more appealing way to get into business rather than starting from scratch. An existing business has a track record and may give you some idea of what to expect when you start.
A franchise purchase includes training, systems, and support from the franchisor and history of information from other franchisees in the system. You’ll hear from Kathy Van Voorhees, a franchise attorney who has helped franchisees both in the purchasing process and in disputes with franchisors and Chris Coleman, a franchisee himself and a franchise consultant who helps people find their best fit.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Different ways to Evaluate a Going Business
- Options to Consider to Fund the Purchase
- What Help You May Want to Request From the Present Owner
- Pros and Cons of Purchasing a Franchise
- What Assistance You Should Expect From the Franchisor
- How to Evaluate the Options and Determine the Best Choices For You