This workshop will address the foundational principles of effective fund development. Keys to successful development efforts include a compelling case for support, strong volunteer and staff leadership and an effective, realistic plan. Topics of discussion will include planning and preparation, applying the appropriate fund development strategies, using the right solicitation methodologies and managing expectations.
Participants will come away with a better understanding of:
- Organizational planning required for effective fund development.
- Making a compelling case for support.
- Effectively recruiting and engaging volunteers and board of directors.
- Components of a comprehensive fund development plan.
Presenter's Bio: Cynthia Davis is a proven leader and a strategic, analytical thinker extremely knowledgeable of philanthropy and nonprofit management. She has impeccable grant and program management skills, education and experience. She prides herself in resolving complex challenges and creating agility through organizational development, grant making and culture development through a lens of diversity, equity and inclusion.
She brings over 25 years of experience working with private, federal, state, philanthropic and nonprofit organizations of all sizes and in many sectors. Her career has afforded her the opportunity to manage and monitor a large volume of programs, projects and teams.
In addition to being President & CEO of CP Davis Consulting, she is a Certified Grants Manager and hold a Master of Science in Health Administration, a Master of Science in Human Resource Management from Lindenwood University and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Business Administration from Columbia College.
- Upon registering you will receive a confirmation email with the SCORE Zoom link to attend.
- You do not need a Zoom account to participate.
- Registration closes 24 hours before the start of the workshop.
- Please connect 5 minutes in advance to be sure you have a good connection. The workshop begins promptly at 6PM and concludes by 7PM.