Do you have what it takes to start and run a successful business? If so, what are the first steps you should take?
This workshop will help you assess your prospects, give you the initial direction you need, and inspire you to move forward to realize your dream. In addition, you will have an opportunity to NETWORK with other business-minded people who are considering starting a business.
Topics covered are:
- It all starts with a PLAN - A BUSINESS PLAN
- Marketing for today's small business.
- What is the right legal business structure for my business?
- What should I know about licenses, taxes, and insurance?
- What technology considerations are important for my business?
- An introduction to the financial side of a business. Where do I get funding?
- Our 3-Point approach to Business Education - Basic Business, Business Topic, and Interactive Business Education
The SCORE Advantage
- What is needed to start a business
- What are the key parts of a business
- The need for a plan - A BUSINESS PLAN
- What is the next Step-Attend our next Business Plan Workshop
- Upon registering you will receive a confirmation email with the SCORE Zoom link to attend.
- You do not need a Zoom account to participate.
- Registration closes 24 hours before the start of the workshop.
- Please connect 5 minutes in advance to be sure you have a good connection. The workshop begins promptly at 09:30AM and concludes by 11:30AM.
I BELIEVE I can help two important groups of small business owners, first I can help restaurant owners and operators and second I AM CERTAIN I can help franchisees or those who are considering becoming a franchisee. I have an experienced perspective on the franchisee/ franchisor relationship and a good understanding of how to achieve results that satisfy both stakeholders. I CAN HELP YOU evaluate the financial health of your business and help you find solutions that either make you more profitable or more successful based upon your definition of success. I CAN HELP YOU BUILD A CULTURE on your team that will be supportive, agile and focused on results with a heart
Building a business takes commitment and determination - not to mention patience. I've successfully developed a business plan, secured institutional financing, recruited necessary personnel, and promoted the start-up of my legal practice so I know what needs to be done. For ongoing success you have to build a loyal client base. In my case that was through personal attention, quality service and consistent follow through but every business model is different. The key is to identify your core market and determine the best way to drive business to that market which is much easier said than done. Through SCORE we can help you to answer these questions. I'd like to be able to help you move your business goals forward through SCORE.
For 20 years I have worked with businesses from $1.0 to $100.0 million in sales with the following activities and services: Part-Time CFO Roles Business Plan Development Cash Flow Forecasting Establish and Maintain Banking Relationships Educate Owners on financial statements Analyze Financial Statement results and information Establish Key Performance Indicators - Both financial and non-financial