The current publishing landscape in the US can be confusing, wild, and very much a “buyer be-AWARE” market. Join Cathy as she simplifies the options available to authors and discusses the pros-and-cons of each.
- The pros and cons of DIY vs. Author-Assisted vs. Independent vs. Traditional Publishing
- What is an Author Brand Platform and why do I need one?
- What kinds of books sell best?
- Which publishing path is best for me?
- How do I avoid self-publishing pitfalls?
Presenter's Bio: Cathy Davis
Books are in Cathy's DNA and have always played a big role in her life. Cathy Davis believes we all have a story to tell and it is through our stories that we are able to find our voice, share our wisdom, and make a difference in the lives of others. Wisdom not shared is wisdom lost forever.
Cathy founded Davis Creative, LLC in January of 2004 after a long career in financial services marketing. What originally began as a boutique creative services agency, is now known as Davis Creative Publishing Services — a sought-after publishing industry leader, providing concierge publishing services for authors throughout the US and several foreign countries.
- Upon registering you will receive a confirmation email with the SCORE Zoom link to attend.
- You do not need a Zoom account to participate.
- Registration closes 24 hours before the start of the workshop.
- Please connect 5 minutes in advance to be sure you have a good connection. The workshop begins promptly at 11:30AM and concludes by 12:30PM