Understanding Financial Statements for Your Small Business
Many small businesses and new business owners are aware that financial statements exist. However, there is generally a mystique surrounding these statements. The purpose of this class is to inform participants about the basics of financial statements and the importance of them to their business.
Several topics will be covered, including:
1. What are the financial statements companies prepare and use?
2. Why do companies need them?
3. What are the elements of an Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statement?
4. How do companies prepare these statements?
5. How can the financial statements be used to manage your business? i.e., How to turn the financial statements from a burden to a business tool.
6. How do financial statements impact the valuation of your business?
7. Why is it so important to have “clean” and accurate financial statements?
8. What are the ways to potentially increase the value of your company outside of just increasing sales?
- Accounting & Cash Flow
- Tax Planning
- Disaster Recovery
- In Business
- Encore (50+) Entrepreneurs
- Minority Entrepreneurs
- Rural Entrepreneurs
- Veteran Entrepreneurs
- Women Entrepreneurs
- Young Entrepreneurs
- Accommodation & Food Services
- Administrative, Support, & Waste Management
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing & Hunting
- Arts, Entertainment, & Recreation
- Educational Services
- Finance & Insurance
- Mining, Quarrying, & Oil & Gas Extraction
- Other Services (except public admin.)
- Professional, Scientific, & Technical Services
- Real Estate & Rental & Leasing
- Retail Trade
- Wholesale Trade
- Agriculture, Farming, Fishing & Hunting
- Arts, Entertainment & Recreation
- Banking, Finance & Insurance
- Health Care & Social Assistance
- Home or Personal Maintenance Services
- Manufacturing & Industrial
- Nonprofit, Public and Professional Organizations
- Professional & Business Services
- Real Estate, Rental & Leasing
- Retail & Wholesale Trade
- Technical & Scientific Services
- Transportation & Warehousing